My husband and I try to eat a lot of plant-based meals. We like how we feel when we eat a veggie heavy diet. When we saw Forks Over Knives we started doing it more often. These black bean veggie burgers fit the bill!
Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 2 26.5 oz. cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup of Falafil Mix
- 10 saltines, crushed
- ¾ cup of chopped yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all of the above ingredients to a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Once combined, place half of the mixture in a food processor and pulse until slightly mashed (some beans will have formed paste, while others will be in pieces).
- Proceed with second half of mixture.
- Alternatively, mash the mixture with a fork to break the beans up coursely.
- Once this is done, form into patties - about 10.
- Place patties on lightly greased cookie sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Once ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly spray patties with a cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, flipping patties about half way.
Serve patties with your preferred fixings. I like lettuce, tomato, avocado and garlic sauce. Enjoy!
Calories Per Serving: 241