For most of my young life I ate cauliflower prepared one way – boiled. If I was lucky, there was a little white sauce poured over it. Although that can be delicious, I was so happy the first time I tried Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower at a local restaurant. I knew I had to try to make it at home. The spices in this recipe for Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower will liven up your cauliflower without overpowering it.
Try the Recipe for Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Wash and pat dry the head of cauliflower.
- Cut cauliflower into small to medium florets.
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil and seasoning.
- Add the cauliflower florets and toss until well coated.
- Line a sheet pan with tin foil.
- Scatter the florets on the sheet pan and bake in oven 25-30 minutes or until florets start to golden and are tender.
Something wonderful happens to cauliflower when you roast it. Caramelization is truly magical. Adding this blend of spices just takes this dish to the next level. It’s commanding enough to headline a vegetarian plate or makes a delicious side to fish or chicken.
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can always bake some chicken or fish on the pan at the same time – just keep in mind cook times may vary. Only one pan to clean up! Bonus!