With the holidays almost upon us it’s time to think about delicious nibbles you can serve to guests when you’re entertaining. These Peppered Party Nuts offer addictive bites that are equally salty, sweet and spicy. It’s a good thing they are so quick and easy to prepare because as soon as you put them out, they’ll disappear in a flash.
My husband adapted the recipe from a similar one a co-worker introduced to him.
Peppered Party Nuts
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ¼ cup of salted butter
- 4 teaspoons water
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 2⅔ cup of slivered, blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix crushed red pepper flakes and salt in a small bowl.
- On medium-low heat, in a large non-stick pan, melt the butter.
- Add water and sugar and stir until sugar dissolved.
- Add almonds and stir until well combined.
- While stirring occasionally, continue to heat until syrup thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in half of the seasoning.
- Transfer the nuts to the lined cookie sheet and spread the mixture evenly to cover sheet.
- Sprinkle remaining seasoning over nuts.
- Bake in oven until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Allow to cool, then break into small bite sized pieces.
Don’t be concerned if your guests over-indulge in these Peppered Party Nuts – the sweet and spicy combination is irresistible. They’re grown-ups so they can make their own decision about what’s best for them.
They might not act like grown-ups if you ask them if they’d like some of your nuts though – the question brings out the 5 year old in everyone. Good for a giggle. I won’t elaborate on that…
Calories Per Serving: 239