If you don’t have time for a meal, these Everything Energy Bars will relieve your hunger, give you a little pep in your step and satisfy your taste buds. They’re also chock full of healthy seeds and nuts that are heart-friendly, full of plant protein, vitamins and minerals. I love them because they’re easy to prepare and make a great breakfast or snack. You can also play around with the types of seeds, grains and nuts you use if you have your own preferences.
Another thing about these – they have a such a satisfying crunch … yum!
Toasting the dry ingredients before mixing it with the sticky stuff really brings out the flavor.
- Rolled Oats, 2 cups
- Millet, ½ cup
- Uncooked Quinoa, ½ cup
- Sunflower Seeds, ½ cup
- Pumpkin Seeds, ½ cup
- Coconut Flakes, ½ cup
- Peanuts, ¼ cup
- Ground Golden Flax Seeds, ⅓ cup
- Honey, ½ cup
- Molasses, ¼ cup
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar, ¼ cup
- Salt, ¼ teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high.
- Add oats, millet, quinoa, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut and peanuts to pan and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan on medium-low.
- To the saucepan add the honey, molasses, olive oil and brown sugar and stir.
- Continuing heating until warmed through and well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the toasted ingredients, the warm wet ingredients, flax seeds, and salt.
- Stir until entire mixture is moistened.
- Line a 9" x 13" baking dish with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Transfer the mix to the dish, spread evenly and press down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow mixture to completely cool then slice into bars of desired size.